Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory valued, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Packing list
- Copy of lease (minimum 2 years) / purchase contract (notarized)
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Power of attorney (notarized)
- Protocol from Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H) (diplomats)
- Copy of visa / extended stay permit / work permit / proof of residence
- Statement from B & H embassy / consulate at origin (returning B&H citizens)
- B&H ID card + CIPS document / PBA-3 form (returning B&H citizens)
- Duties and taxes of approximately 30-40% of the total value apply if the owner of the goods does not
qualify for duty and tax free import.
- Diplomats can import household goods duty and tax free with following documentation:
- Detailed packing list
- Pro-forma invoice with total value of HHGs
- Copy of passport
- Diplomatic protocol from Ministry of Foreign Affairs B&H
- Detailed, valued inventory should list all used items.
- Used items must have been owned by the owner of the goods for a minimum of 6 months prior to
import into Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- For electrical appliances, product information such as serial number, type, make, and model
should be included on the inventory list
- Statement from B&H embassy/Consulate at origin must show that the owner of the goods has lived
abroad for more than 12 months (returning citizens)
- Customs may require bank guarantee for total amount of temporary imported goods.
- Original vehicle title / registration
- Invoice or pro-forma invoice with the vehicle value
- Technical data (type, model, chassis number, engine number, engine volume (ccm), engine power (KW),
- Document certifying that the vehicle meets at least “EURO IV” standards (must be issued in Bosnia
- Diplomatic protocol, if applicable (diplomats)
- Statement from B& H embassy / consulate at origin (returning B&H citizens)
- Vehicles can be imported into Bosnia and Herzegovina with at least “EURO IV” standards
- Diplomats can import vehicles that are not “EURO IV” duty and tax free with a diplomatic protocol
issued by the B&H Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Returning B&H citizens can import vehicles that are not “EURO IV” duty and tax free with
statement from B&H embassy / consulate at origin must show that the owner of the vehicle has lived
abroad for more than 36 months and proof that returner is owner of the vehicle abroad at least 12
months until the date of return to B&H.
- The vehicle must be imported within 12 months from the “date of the return to Bosnia and
- Temporary import is possible for the period validity of work / residence permit vehicle must meet at
least “EURO IV” standards.
- Customs may require bank guarantee for total amount of temporary imported vehicle.
- Cars older than 7 years cannot be imported.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pet passport
- Rabies certificate
- All species of animals (dogs, cats, birds, etc.) must enter across specific borders where health
control inspections are performed.
- Pets other than cats and dogs (e.g., birds, reptiles, small rodents, etc.) are not required to
prove rabies vaccinations.
- Cats and dogs must be vaccinated for rabies at least 30 days but not more than 12 months prior
- Rabies certificate is required for pets originating from certain countries.
- Contact destination agent for more specific information.
- All weapons and ammunition (permit required and must be reported to the police upon entry)
- The following items may be brought in duty and tax free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), tobacco (250 g)
- Spirits (1 L), wine (2 L), liqueur (2 L)
- Cologne (250 L), perfume (50 g)
- Plant and plant products (permission from the Ministry of Agriculture required)
- Meat products (permission from the Ministry of Agriculture required)
- Firearms and ammunition
- Alcohol, wine, & spirits
- Toxic materials
- Pornographic materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met
prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at
any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document
as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or
inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.