Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Letter from embassy to Customs committee (diplomats)
- Diplomatic note approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Copy of diplomatic card (diplomats)
- Pro-forma invoice (foreigners and returning citizens)
- Letter of employment (foreigners)
- Customs declaration blank form (to be completed at Customs)
- Foreigners must pay USD $5.00 / hour for Customs service.
- Turkmen citizens are not permitted to import household goods and personal effects on a temporary
import basis and must pay full Customs taxes and duties.
- A pre-alert with copies of all documents should be sent 10 days prior to the arrival of the shipment
to avoid payment of heavy import duties.
- Permission of Operation Department of Ashgabad Customs Office
- Insurance documentation
- OBL / AWB
- Inspection by state vehicle inspection
- Receipt of plates from state vehicle inspection
- Driving manual for the vehicle
- Temporary / permanent import declaration
- Permission from trans-inspection (diplomats and foreigners)
- Certificate of standard of state (diplomats and foreigners)
- Temporary import declaration (diplomats and foreigners)
- The permanent importation of vehicles is subject to full Customs taxes and duties per fixed Customs
- Vehicles can be imported on a temporary basis with a Customs duty payment of $25.00 + $5 per hour
for Customs services (foreigners).
- The sale of a vehicle temporarily imported is restricted (foreigners).
- Certificate of vaccination
- Veterinary health certificate
- Permission from CITES is required for the importation of endangered species.
- Precious jewelry, stones and currency can be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be
declared with Customs authorities at the airport.
- Wine and spirits for personal consumption (1L per person)
- The following items may be qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), cigarillos (100), tobacco (500 g)
- Amounts in excess of limits for free import are subject to duties and taxes as follows:
- US $ 1.00 per liter excise duty
- Up to 30% of value Customs duty (depending on the % of alcohol)
- 15% of the value of the value added tax (VAT)
- 0.2% of value Customs procedures duty
- Hunting weapons (authorization from the Ministry of Interior required)
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic and radioactive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been
met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at
any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document
as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or
inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.