Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Passport copy
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / airway bill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Pro-forma invoice
- Convention Marchandises Routiers (CMR )
- The owner of the goods should be present at the destination and should have a valid visa.
- The owner of the goods should be employed with a registered company.
- Temporary import of household goods and personal effects is duty and taxes free.
- This is valid for 12 months and can be renewed every year until the time the foreigner has
finished his or her stay and is ready to re-export the shipment.
- Permanent import of household and personal effects is subject to customs duties and taxes.
- Additionally, a value added tax (VAT) of 20% is charged on the import.
- Only a limited amount of foodstuff, new items, and electronics are allowed duty free.
- It is difficult for a foreigner to import a motor vehicle into Lithuania and is not recommended.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health record
- Cats and dogs are subject to special regulations of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC
- Vodka / other alcoholic drinks (1 L)
- Wine (3 L)
- Beer (5 L)
- Tobacco (200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco)
- Sugar (1 kg)
- Chocolate (3 kg)
- Coffee(2 kg)
- Jewelry (50 kg)
- Petrol (20 L)
- Car (1)
- Pornographic materials
- Live animals
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been
met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at
any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document
as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or
inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.