Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory
- Packing list (in English)
- Valued inventory
- Invoice of the shipment
- Certificate of exemption from employer or organization
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Clear report of findings (CRF) issued by the pre-inspection company's representative in Liberia, at
the end of the pro-inspection process (non-exempt shipments)
- Diplomatic exemption (diplomats)
- Waiver of import duties (diplomats)
- Duties and taxes must be paid.
- Import taxes will be claimed on sea freight and air freight.
- Indicate “used personal effects” instead of “household goods” on the OBL / AWB.
- Detailed volumes of the household goods and personal effects should be indicated on the OBL / AWB.
- Documents with OBL / telex release must be delivered to agent at least 10 days prior to shipment
- Non-diplomatic shipments are subject to pre-shipment inspection at origin.
- The invoice of the shipment must show the value that the government will waive to the employer or
organization; agents and customers should create an invoice from the value inventory list (diplomatic
and exempt shipments).
- Diplomatic shipments are exempt from import duties and taxes.
- The diplomatic organization must provide agent with diplomatic exemption and documents received from
Liberian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- A copy of the OBL / AWB should be forwarded to the destination agent to start the clearance process
prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Original registration card
- Copy of passport
- Original commercial invoice
- Vehicles older than 12 years cannot be imported.
- Chassis number and number must be indicated on the OBL.
- Import permit
- Rabies vaccination certificate (from country of origin)
- Veterinary health certificate (from country of origin)
- Documents must accompany animals.
- Flowers and plants (health certificate from the origin country required)
- Perfume (4 fluid ounces), eau de toilette (1 liter)
- New items valued at no more than $125
- The following items may qualify for free import by adults within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (25), tobacco (250 grams)
- Consumable spirits / wine (1 liter)
- Unlawful drugs
- Weapons and ammunition
- Counterfeit items
- Pornographic material
- Meat and meat products
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been
met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at
any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document
as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or
inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.