Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment
- International cargo tracking note (ICTN), for all full container load (FCL) shipments
- All documents must be provided to agent 1 week before arrival of the shipment to obtain duty-
- Customs levies an "RTL Tax" or 2% of cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value, with a minimum of
300.000 GNF (approximately 30 Euro), applicable to all shipments.
- Taxes on new goods may be as high as 38.5% of the CIF value.
- The diplomatic organization must apply for diplomatic privileges on the shipment, which may take
several weeks for approval by Customs; documents must be supplied to agent at least 3 weeks prior to
arrival of the shipment.
- Original registration card
- Change of residence certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of purchase invoice for new vehicles
- The taxes for motor vehicles will depend on the age, power etc. and is approximately 65% of the CIF.
- Cars older than 5 years cannot be imported.
- Veterinary health certificate
- Vaccination record
- Documents must be issued at point of origin.
- Duties on cars are 65% of the CIF value.
- Computers, printers, scanner are not considered as personal effects and are subject to duties and
taxes (38.5% CIF value).
- Only 1 opened bottle of alcoholic beverage can be imported duty free.
- The following items can be imported duty free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (1000), cigars (250), tobacco (1000 g)
- Firearms and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
- Unopened alcoholic beverages
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met
prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at
any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document
as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or
inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.