Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Residence permit
- Lease / purchase agreement
- Letter of employment
- Government permission for duty-free import
- Detailed inventory
- Pro-forma invoice
- Import declaration TD-4
- Diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Diplomatic / accreditation card (both sides) (diplomats with accreditation)
- Confirmation and authorization of embassy (diplomats with accreditation)
- Obligation to export all temporary assets (temporary residents only)
- All shipments are subject to duties and taxes according to the import declaration and are subject to
- Owners of the goods must present all documents personally.
- It is strongly recommended that all documents are detailed and accurate.
- All Customs duties and THC will be paid by the owner of the goods at the Customs office.
- All documents must be written in Russian or in English with the Russian translation, on company
letterhead, signed, and stamped.
- The following persons may qualify for duty and tax free import:
- Foreigners with an accreditation card from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Persons granted free import by a government institution or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Persons sent abroad for employment purposed for at least 11 months (may request permission only
once per year)
- Temporary residents with arranged export of assets
- Foreigners who have a by resident permit
- Persons who have received an inheritance in a foreign country
- Used household goods and personal effects shipments valued at 1000 EUR – 10000 EUR and a weight of
35 kg – 200 kg must pay duties of approximately 30% from the value or 2 EUR / kg, whichever is higher
+ duty-fixed taxes of approximately 35 EUR.
- Shipments of used household goods and personal effects with a value greater than 10000 EUR and a
weight more than 200 kg must pay duties of approximately 60% from the value or 4 EUR kg, whichever is
higher + a duty-fixed tax of approximately 35 EUR.
- Customs duties are paid according to the import declaration directly to the government.
- Vehicles with more than 4 wheels cannot be imported.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued within 10 days prior to arrival.
- Pigeons cannot be imported.
- Flowers and their parts (permission is required)
- Musical instruments (2 photographs of each item required)
- Artwork and objects (2 photographs of each item require)
- Food items and alcohol must be in accompanied baggage
- Drugs / psychotropic drugs
- Subversive materials, including books, CDs, DVDs and cassettes
- Metals, including ore in bullion
- Radiation / ionizing EQ
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met
prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at
any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document
as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or
inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.